The theme of the 2023 Alliance Annual Conference is Together Toward Tomorrow.
Meeting Goals Include:
- Connect: Facilitate inter-organizational connections to lay the groundwork for establishing a collective, coordinated voice and guidance on responsible seafood issues
- Collaborate: Provide a space where attendees can draw on expertise and group discussion to explore solutions that could be accomplished through collaborative efforts across our movement
- Create: Share calls to action for the community to make progress toward the Alliance’s 2030 Goal
The Alliance is seeking proposals for conference sessions that are rooted in this year’s theme and objectives. We’re looking for submissions for the following session types: Plenary Sessions that highlight cross-organizational initiatives, global partnerships, and projects, etc.; Workshop Sessions that leverage the expertise and feedback of those in attendance to improve their tools or solutions; Lightning Round Sessions that present a call to action, share lessons learned from projects, partners on the ground, or in different sectors, or present opportunities to collaborate.
To fully incorporate this year’s conference theme and the spirit of the Alliance, all sessions (with the exception of Lightning Round-style sessions) must include the following components:
- Speaker representation from at least two organizations
- Attendee engagement/feedback/Q+A
- Presenters share a call to/for action from attendees
The Alliance strives to create equitable access to our Annual Conference for all, and as such, has kept registration fees as low as possible. We will not be able to cover the cost of conference attendance for session speakers, however, we do have a scholarship program to support those who require financial assistance to attend. Click here to learn more about our scholarship program.
The deadline for session proposals is July 1. Please contact Meaghan@solutionsforseafood.org with questions.