What is the Global Hub?
The Alliance Global Hub is a community of organizations and subject area experts that work together to make connections, build capacity, and leverage tools, approaches, and experience in order to advance responsibility in seafood production.
Who can join the Global Hub?
The Global Hub is open to any organization, group, business, academic institution, or individual expert working toward the Alliance’s vision of a world with an abundance of seafood where workers, communities, and our ocean all thrive.
Global Hub members believe that seafood production is a powerful driver of change for the health of our oceans and the well-being of individuals and communities around the world. At minimum, Global Hub members are expected to:
- Actively contribute to, and engage in the Alliance’s learning community;
- Participate in discussions regarding trends, opportunities, and challenges;
- Provide input and advice when requested; and
- Abide by the Alliance Operating Protocols.
Additionally, when possible and appropriate, Global Hub members are expected to:
- Join and participate in Alliance Networks or Collective Action Working Groups;
- Provide feedback, sign-on, and support for outputs developed by the Alliance Global Hub;
- Openly share information about their organization’s work/priorities and contribute to the Alliance’s monitoring and evaluation system as appropriate; and
- Cover any participation and/or travel expenses, time, and meeting registration fees.
How do Global Hub members work together?
Global Hub members can participate within the Alliance in a number of ways to advance shared goals. For responsibilities and engagement expectations, please review our Operating Protocols.
Because the Global Hub includes representatives from NGOs and for-profit organizations, antitrust safeguards have been put in place to protect our community collaboration and work. You can read more about the Alliance’s antitrust policy in Section 5 of the Operating Protocols.
What are the benefits of joining the Global Hub?
Access to the Alliance Global Hub community via our internal communications platform.
Drive movement level change and progress by participating in Alliance Networks and Collective Action Working Groups.
Opportunity to provide input on and publicly endorse Alliance community outputs (tools, guidance docs, etc.) + learning from community knowledge-sharing activities.
Invitation to attend the Alliance Annual Meeting and other events throughout the year.
Promotion of organizational work in alignment with the Alliance’s vision via the Alliance website, social media outlets, and other public communications, meetings and events, as appropriate.
Year-round communication from the Alliance team, including the monthly Alliance Newsletter and direct emails, to stay informed of emerging movement-wide issues and opportunities for engagement.
Is there a fee for Global Hub membership?
No, there is currently no cost to participate in the Global Hub. Instead, we ask for in-kind contributions of ideas and efforts, as that is what will make this community successful.
How do I submit an application to join the Global Hub?
Organizations should designate the responsibility of completing the Global Hub application to one individual who plans to serve as the Global Hub “Point Person.” Going forward, the Point Person will be responsible for ensuring that Alliance information and important business is communicated to, and understood by, the member organization. The Point Person must be able and empowered to:
- Ensure all current and future employees planning to engage with the Alliance in any way review and understand the Alliance Operating Protocols* (included in this application);
- Sign off on the organization’s intent to comply with the Alliance’s antitrust policy;
- Submit comprehensive organizational feedback on Alliance community outputs (i.e. guidance documents, tools, etc) in development, when requested by Alliance groups;
- Approve use of organization logo when signing on to Alliance products;
- Facilitate any financial transactions related to the organization’s engagement with the Alliance (i.e. pay Annual Meeting registration fees); and
- Provide timely submission of organizational information, when requested by the Alliance staff.
The Global Hub application can be found on our website; we estimate it will take about 30 minutes to complete. You may stop and return to the site to continue or finalize your application at any time.
What happens next?
If the applicant is admitted into the Global Hub, the staff will facilitate a brief onboarding process to ensure a clear, mutual understanding of organizational goals and participation expectations, as well as to establish their profile on the Alliance website and internal communication platform.
The Alliance staff will review all applications to ensure the requirements outlined above are met, and if needed, will contact applicants with any clarifying questions. The application will then be reviewed by the Alliance Board and staff at their monthly meeting. An admission decision and rationale will be provided in writing within 45 days of receiving the application.
How do I share this opportunity with others?
To recommend an organization, business, or individual for Global Hub membership, please complete our recommendation form, and we will contact them directly. We hope you’ll also consider inviting your colleagues and friends to subscribe to the public monthly Alliance newsletter to stay updated on our community’s activities as well as membership announcements.
I still have questions. Who can I contact?
*Individuals from your organization will be asked to personally commit to abide by the Alliance Operating Protocols and other communication protocols when joining the Global Hub on Mobilize.